Nov 5, 2014

2015 Goals in the making

Is it early to think about what I'd like to achieve in 2015? I read January's post yesterday and it has got me thinking about 2015. I've drawn up some goals, which I'll add to and tweak it before I post them here. 

I'm pretty bad in doing reflections. One being I'm a forgetful person (don't ask me what I had for dinner last night), two being the lack of reflective ability/insight (it's always been sadly). I'll take the time during the weekend getaway to think and analyze on 2014.

Today was no good, my trench coat was spoiled with stains from commute. Let's just say that I should never squeeze myself into the tiniest gap available on the public transport vehicles. Either the clothes (light-colored obviously) or the bag/purse (or the bum) will suffer. The transit doors are dirty and yikes, stains! I have been mourning for my coat all morning. For now I've been using a Tide pen to rub it, some parts are doing better and some parts are just obvious. Time will tell if the stains can be got rid of when I'm home. *crosses fingers*

It seems that the commute has been shit ever since the protests started, people run out of options to commute and buses are often late, etc. It had me starting to think of not bringing my lunch to avoid the stress when squeezing and being sardine-packed with other commuters, while worrying about stains and my bag. I even thought about walking to work, just to avoid the pack and the stress. I walked home from work on Monday, doing grocery shopping here and there along the way, it took me about 1.5-1.75 hours, hah...not so bad if you have a dinner waiting for you, (thanks mom!). If I take out the shopping it'll take 45 mins to reach home, which is not so bad given now is winter. Anyway, a one-way trip cost is so minute hence I'll not over-think about it and making myself walk on foot every single day. 

I've been thinking about my breakfasts in the office lately, while generally I'm not picky about food (give me anything cheap like noodles and I'll eat it), I'm VERY PICKY about what I have for breakfast. Consider yourself warned, lol. I need :

- variety
- hot/warm food (not junk!) is preferred, so yogurt is out
- my stomach can't tolerate milk very well lately (it was fine before!), if not I'd quickly pick cereals and muesli as they are cheap and fills the stomach
- something that fills the stomach but without being full / fatty (I typically feel hungry at 1130 if I have a cup of oatmeal and nothing else (no milk), please tell me I'm not alone)
- something easy to manage since I eat after I reached the office, there aren't many options, say cook at home/office. If I eat at home before commute I'd be hungry by 10! Lunch is at 1
- recurrent cost is low. There are many eateries below where I work, they are cheap but most are junk + the costs can add up quickly over the week

I've considered making sandwiches at home, but I'll need to wake earlier / prepare the night before. I also prefer food not to be put in the fridge so...maybe a quick sandwich with jam or peanut butter in the morning before I leave for work? Hard-boiled eggs with some nuts and dried fruits, maybe. 

Thoughts? What do you eat for the start of the day? 

2 comments:

  1. Hi PJ! I definitely mix it up when it comes to breakfast. Some days I need something hot and filling like eggs. Other days it's bread (or bagel) with some butter or jam. Lately I've been eating fruit and a granola bar. Bread with peanut butter or eggs with nuts should keep you full until lunch time. ~ Pru

    ReplyDelete